r By Chamaine Wollenzien
At Wandering Families, we believe in the power of building strong family relationships by experiencing new adventures together. Anything from an afternoon at the park to hiking slot canyons, rappelling in the red rocks of Southern Utah and everything in between. Every day is a chance to connect and create the family we want to be. We want confident and capable kids who grow into self-assured teenagers and successful adults. We believe if we expose our kids to high-adventure activities while they’re little, they will be more comfortable assessing risk as they grow.
Wandering Families was created by two moms: Brielle and Chamaine. Brielle has five children ages 3 to 9 years old. Chamaine has five children ages 2 to 7. We didn’t want that to slow down our adventurous spirits, so we just took them with us. We want to create a family culture of being active, being outdoors as often as possible, and doing hard things together. We want our children to be best friends with their siblings, and we want other families to join in this journey too. If you are a like-minded parent, we would love you to contribute and be featured on our blog.
Each day on our blog we feature something new:r
- Frolic Monday: Showcasing local locations and activities such as hikes, meadows, museums, etc. (there is so much to be found and do in Utah County) that every mom can take their children to and, since it’s local, won’t take an entire day.
- Tip Tuesdays: Featuring products/tips that we have tried and loved that make our excursions with very young children easier, happier and more fun.
- Zen Wednesdays: Highlighting inspirational quotes and parenting help with maybe a bit of meditation/yoga thrown in.
- Trek Thursdays: Trips that are farther away. These adventures often will require more planning and preparation, but when done, they strengthen a family and build confidence for parents and children alike.
- French Kiss Friday: After doing and going all week with our children, it is time to reconnect as parents, so we will describe unique date nights – ideas that are beyond dinner and a movie. Sometimes they are active, sometimes they are just unique tours, and sometimes they are just a fun way to tackle the never-ending to-do list as a couple.
rFind us at www.wanderingfamilies.com and Instagram @wanderingfamilies #wanderingfamilies.