Looking for a tasty treat to try? Give this Lemon Cake a go and let us know what you think in the comments below.
1 ⅓ cups Pompeian Light Taste Olive Oilplus additional for oiling pan
2 cups Flour
1 cup Sugar
¾ cup Brown Sugar
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
1 ¼ cups whole milk
1 ½ tbsp grated lemon zest plus additional for garnish (optional) ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
(optional) ¼ cup limoncello powdered sugar, for garnish
(optional) dried sweetened lemon rings, for garnish
- Heat oven to 350 F. Oil 8-by-12-by-2-inch pan with olive oil and line bottom with parchment paper.
- In bowl, whisk flour, sugars, salt, baking soda and powder. In another bowl, whisk 1 1/3 cups olive oil, milk, eggs, lemon zest, juice and limoncello. Add dry ingredients; whisk until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 60-75 minutes until top is golden and cake tester comes out clean. Transfer cake to rack and let cool 30 minutes.
- Run knife around edge of pan, invert cake onto rack and let cool completely, 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, lemon zest and lemon rings right before serving, if desired.